Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Road of Life Goes Ever On and On

Life's been hectic lately. My best friend, Ti, after a series of 'we broke up... jk' incidents, finally broke it off entirely with her asshole (I'm so not judging) boyfriend. After more and more moments of increasingly unfeeling indifference from him, the straw that broke the camel's back (or rather Ti's heart) was when he made no effort to do anything for Valentine's day and finally told her that he had only promised to write a note to her, which would've taken all of a minute, in an effort to shut her whining. He dumped her (broke up is too mild for what he did) during that phone call in the last few hours of Valentine's Day. I say good riddance and I'm glad he's gone, but he leaves behind the pieces of Ti's first relationship and her heart for her other friends and me to put back together again. I had sent her a care package, initially for what I thought was a break up but turned out to be false alarm (how I wish now it was true!), just a few days before Valentine's Day. The package arrived on the day of Valentine's and in my letter inside I told her how it was for the rough bump that she was going through, with parents and school, because she had supposedly made up with her boyfriend already. However, since her asshole (still not judging) boyfriend dumped her that night, I had to send the second, for breaking up, part of my gift sooner than I anticipated (I did expect to send it though...). I sent it on the 15th and I will have a picture of it up when she gets it.

The photo's grainy since Ti took it with her phone. It shows the homemade fudge I made with Karillith in our dorm room (in the pink bag), the white bag with the cookies from Diddy Riese (a must have if anyone ever come to UCLA), Yan Yan, and an blue angry face thing that I thought would be great for throwing.




 In other, more cheerful news! I had my first Cake Pops ever, courtesy of a nursing friend as part of the Nursing School's fundraiser. They were quite tasty. And you can see my manicure in here! It's Sally Hansen's Red My Lips. The red was perfect for both Chinese New Years on February 10th and Valentine's Day!
This was my first fondue ever, chocolate or otherwise. It came courtesy of a residential hall activity for Valentine's day. There were strawberries, pound cake pieces, marshmallows, and banana slices (which I did not get). Everything was delicious (how could it not be, coated in chocolate?) and the strawberries were especially divine.




The next time I post, it will (hopefully) be more focused on my own problems, which I have had a few of lately and need to get off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment